Saturday, February 8, 2014

Gravity: Switchfoot


Switchfoot: Oh! Gravity
[purchase]



I spent quite a few hours defying gravity in flying metal birds these past two weeks: 2 3-hour flights and 2 10-hour flights. As a result, I am only able to post a short item, and that at the last minute before we move on to our next theme.

There are more songs titled Gravity than I had imagined. There's a John Mayer tune. And one from Sara Bareilles. And then there's Coldplay as well. In general, they agree that gravity brings you down. On your knees.

Digging a little deeper, I came across yet another Gravity tune by a band I had never heard. Switchfoot comes from San Diego, California: the band's name is apparently a surfing term. They've been around for the better part of 15 years. Whereas the above linked songs are more subdued, romantic (grave?), this Gravity song punches and kicks.

blog comments powered by Disqus